Friday 8 September 2017

A Call To Arms - I Need Your Help

Thank you for reading another blog. This one is very straightforward and as per the title this is a call to arms to support my Three Off The Tee youtube channel which you can find by simply clicking on the link here - The Three Off The Tee Youtube Channel

I am tantalisingly close to breaking through the 100 subscriber barrier and once this happens it opens a host of opportunities to bring bigger and better content for you to enjoy. I know that some of the videos, particularly the product reviews are hugely popular and the one I did on Aimpoint putting, given a very basic over view as a mid handicapper has over 15,000 views (Aimpoint - A Quick Guide). All the other reviews have well over a thousand view each so there has been interest.

If you haven't subscribed already I am urging you to do so as soon as possible. I ran a competition to give away to dozen golf balls of your choice (anywhere in the word). All you have to do is guess my stableford point totals for the rounds I played at Sunningdale on the Golf Monthly Forum Day (The Golf Monthly Forum Day video) and at Captain's Day at Royal Ascot on August 19th.

There are two videos you can register your guess on (listed below). Simply subscribe to the channel (you must be a subscriber to be eligible), give me the cumulative points total for those three rounds and as a tie breaker in case of two winning guesses, how many putts did I take? Put this information in the comments section, along with which make of balls you'd like and once I hit the 100 subscriber mark I'll film the draw and announce the winner. You can go to:

Martin's Mouthpiece - Martin's Mouthpiece Video
Competition Time - Competition Time Video

I have also just added another video for the No 3 Putt training aid (available from Amazon) which is a fantastic aid for working on the short putts and really makes a difference out on the course when you need to make one of those pesky two or three foot putts. As with all my product reviews I'll do a full blog on it in the next few days so you can get a more in depth report. For now though enjoy the video here - The No 3 Putt Training Aid

As part of this call to arms I'd also love to hear your views on the channel, positive or negative and you can leave these on my channel. Looking at my analytics, it appears the product reviews are a firm favourite and you seem to enjoy some of the on course practice vlogs (pitching challenge). The on course vlogs themselves aren't as popular and nor are my "Quest For Single Figure" updates. I understand this and it's one mid-handicappers battle to try and get to his single figure goal and I can see how listening to that story isn't going to be that engaging and nor is watching him chop it around the course.

As loyal readers over the many years this blog has been going (and I thank you so much for the support over this time) you've read about the highs and lows. There have been some fine wins and rounds where it seemed like I've never played before and I've been truly awful. The blog will continue but I do want to focus my attention to the youtube channel. I am confident both can live both separately and together drive Three Off the Tee as a blog/channel

As you'll know if you've watched any of them, all of my product reviews are done without any launch monitors or data, and are solely independent and I try to be representative of a normal mid-handicap golfer. I try and keep them fairly simple and hopefully entertaining and simply tell it as I find it based on my golfing ability on the day of filming. I feel that by doing ball reviews in particular on the course lets me try and show how they perform, even with my wonky swing, it gives a fair an unbiased point of view.

I am looking to shake up my youtube channel and do more content that is going to get the views and the subscribers. This is where you come in, and my call for arms wants you to help me. As mentioned, what would you like to see coming up. I have the following videos about to filmed and released.

Martin's Mouthpiece  - including an interview with an incoming club captain to get an insight into what holding such an esteemed position entails. I'm also trying to arrange an interview with an assistant club pro to see what that job involves. It's perhaps not as easy as many think

Vice Pro Neon golf balls

Volvik SR4 golf balls

As an ordinary golfer, like most of you, I don't always get access to the latest clubs to try (although I am working on this) so I look to review products many may not have considered that I feel are useful and give unbiased views. Is there anything you'd like to see. Tell me where you'd like to see the channel going.

Thanks again for reading this blog and hopefully you'll go over to the youtube channel, subscribe and get involved with the competition. If you can spend a few moments giving your views as well I'd be grateful (and will reply). Your support is greatly appreciated and has inspired me to continue on the "Quest". Single figures will be mine and hopefully it'll arrive in conjunction with a growing and popular youtube channel. Thanks once again. Enjoy the content and I'll be back with that in depth No 3 Putt review soon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Small Is Beautiful (And Rather Hard)

Greetings one and all and welcome to another humble blog offering. I want to start by asking a question. If I said par 3 course, what is you...